With the intention to foster cooperation between citizens as well as connecting youth through culture and sport and exchanging experience in the work of city administrations, the City of Virovitica signed town twinning contracts for cooperation and friendship with:
– The City of Barcs, the Republic of Hungary, August 16, 1996.
– The City of Traunreut, the Republic of Germany, August 16, 1998.
– The City of Vyškov, Czech Republic, December 8, 2001.
– The City of Pakrac, March 18, 2006.
– The City of Poreč, August 14, 2007.
– The City of Jajce, Bosnia i Herzegovina, September 13, 2012.
Barcs Város Önkormányzata
Republic of Hungary
Polgármesiter: Otto Karvalics
Tel/fax: (0036) 82 /462-459
7570 Barcs, Bajcsy-Zs.u. 46
Cooperation is based on:
– Sport activities of city administrations of Csurgo, Kaposvar, Marcali and Nagyatad
– Marathon Virovitica-Barcs
– Culture exchange between City Music Orchestra Virovitica, KUD “Virovitica”
– Art Club “Nikola Trick” Virovitica with similar associations in Barcs
– Economy Chambers through fairs like Viroexpo in Virovitica and BARCSI NEMZETKÖZI VÁSÁR in Barcs
– Tourist Office of the City of Virovitica
– Partner cities with Barcs: Sinsheim (Germany), Zselizzel (Slovakia) i Szekesudvajhey (Romnia).
Bugermeister: Franz Parzinger
83 301 Trauenreut
Tel. 00 89 69/857 100
Fax. 00 89 69/857 102
Friendship is based through:
– Exchange of pupils of elementary School Ivana Brlic Mažuranić and Hauptschule, Werner fon Siemens, Pestalozzistrase 36
– Cooperation of fire societies
– Art colony: Traunreuter Kunstpreise
– Sport cooperation on the level of Croatian Club in Traunreut
– Partner cities: Nettuno, (Italy), Lucé (France)
Městský úřad ve Vyškově
Masarykovo náměsti 1
682 11 Vyškov
Starosta: Ing. Karel Goldemund
Karel Jurka – 1. mistostarosta
Bc. Roman Cely, DiS, – mistostarosta
Ing. Ivo Barek, – mistostarosta
Tel. 00 420 507 301 111
Fax.00 420 507 210 60
Cooperation is based on:
– Meetings of entrepreneurs and economy chambers
– Exchange of music chores (Vyskovsky smisany pevecki sbor, December 8, 2001. in Virovitica; HPD “Rodoljub”, April 26, 2002. in Vyskov)
– partner cities: Mihalovce (Slovakia), Jaroslaw, (Poland) i Döbeln, (Germany)
Mayor: mr.sc Davor Huška, dipl.oec
Trg bana Jelačića 18,
Tel. 034 411 080
Fax. 034 411081
Jajce (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Euro-regional cooperation Danube – Drava – Sava
Euro-regional cooperation Danube – Drava – Sava is defined by the statute as “interregional organization of cities, counties and cantons of governments as well as economy and craft chambers from Hungary, Croatia nd Bosnia and Herzegovina that is defined by voluntary cooperation.”
Final document of the first meeting of the heads of counties of cross border cooperation between Hungary and Croatia on August 25, 2000 defines:
“Partners who cooperate believe that their initiative serves for further development of international connections as well as connections with the European Union.” The City of Virovitica has the status of observer and has the right to participate in the work of parliament with no deciding rights.